1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would appreciate some Feedback :)

Discussion in 'Channel Feedback' started by PrimeZ, Jan 24, 2017.

1. #1 PrimeZ, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Hey i have a small gaming channel, it's growing really slowly and i'm losing active viewers which is making me worried because i put a lot of time into making it, anyway i would like someone to view my channel and tell me what i can improve on, i would really appreciate it :) P.S. i know that i'm not very active on my channel
    Here's my channel
    youtube.com/primez

Attached Files:

2. Well first thing like you said your not very active on your channel. I understand we all are busy but the more active you are on your channel the more views and the faster you will grow. I do think the type of videos you make are good it's not my type but for people who like those types of videos I think it's great! Also your thumbnail's if I would to see them on youtube I wouldn't click on them because it seems like the person is a young kid who doesn't know what they are doing. I know that you are not and that your videos really are good by one type of thumbnail is your most recent video you uploaded it looks like you know what you are doing and it shows what the video it about. Though your other thumbnails are kind of just blah maybe make them more bright give some color to them. This is all what I think so many other people may agree or disagree with me. But I do think you will be good on youtube and you seem like your already on a good path. Just make sure you tell your subscribers when you will upload so they know when to check back. Just know the more you upload the more your active the more your channel will grow. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck!

PrimeZ likes this.
  3. Hello mate!

I had a look at your channel,i like that you have some channel art displaying what social media platforms you use. Gives your subscribers and new visitors a way of connecting with you other than through youtube. Here are a few things i noticed about your channel;

• You dont have many videos and they are all spread out a fair bit time wise. It would definitely be beneficial to upload more often if you can. Consistency is key. Myself and the co owner of my channel are both at university and we struggle to find time to make meaningful content. We found ways around it however by recording in batches and editing when we have time and scheduling videos. It is a powerful tool to be able to schedule when your content comes out so it is more consistent.
    • Your thumbnails could do with a bit of work. Id suggest watching a few graphic design video tutorials and learning how to use your editing software. Don't use text formats that blend in to the image, make them stand out, try and create a uniform look to your thumbnails so people browsing the related videos will recognize your channel. I like the addition of your logo to the top left corner of your videos.
    • Your titles are descriptive which is good, mostly too the point.
    • The channel trailer, is quite good to be fair, often i see channel trailers that are boring, or add nothing to go on as to why i should subscribe, but yours explained what you were doing and why you want to quite well. It was a bit too long though, and also, don't be so negative about your gameplay, make some jokes about it. or just edit it out. that's what id say.
    • Speak clear and loudly, i know it might seem like a lot of effort, but it really makes a difference. I don't mean to add false enthusiasm to your videos, but at times i couldn't hear or understand what you were saying because of the way you were talking. Perhaps a better microphone may help you with that.
    • Likable personality, I found myself enjoying your videos even though i don't play the games you do, but you have a good quality voice and are easy to listen to and that's a great quality to have.
    Overawe i think your channel is pretty good considering you are starting out. Key points would be to be more active, more frequent up-loads. and speak clearer in your videos, the quality of your videos will improve over time, that's not something that will happen over night. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will start to get noticed. Make use of the free time you do have to record when you can, If you want to make it your career, you need to act as if its your job and make it your mission to create content for your loyal subscribers.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you all the best with your channel.

LJ_Shipwreck and PrimeZ like this.
  4. Thanks man i really appreciate the fact that you spent time giving me high quality feedback, it opened my eyes and now i know what to focus on and i hope i can improve from it.
    I will try my best to schedule my videos and ill work harder on my thumbnails, and ill also try to stutter less even though i have a problem with that in real life lol
    Lastly i would like to say that i'm happy to hear that i have a likeable personality because i doubted that i do, once again thanks and i wish you the best of luck and success with your own channel :)