1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make ScaleLab even better! *RANT/IDEA*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaredIshamTV, Jun 8, 2015.

1. So I've been spending a lot of time on the boards recently and I've noticed a few things. 1) people are fast to post about their videos and channels and to do self promotion and 2) barely anyone responds to posts. I have posts from what feels like months ago that have no replies even after contributing to the forums.

I'm not complaining, but rather am inspired to propose we, as a ScaleLab communcommunity, make the forums even better that will promote the community members to participate. It is always encouraging to get responses to questions or comments on videos so this would be a great way for everyone to get inspired. We should work together to prove ScaleLab is the best network to be apart of.

Here are some ideas:
    1. Hold a google hangout sharing success stories or tips
    2. Start local meetups (ScaleLab did one of these earlier in the year, we should do more but no need to wait for ScaleLab to set it up)
    3. Hold weekly or even monthly discussions on the forum
    4. Contests?.....
    I'm really just attempting to get the ideas started.

Comment with your thoughts and ideas. ScaleLab staff also should give some thoughts if they can so that we aren't crossing over any lines and such.

Let's make this community awesome together.

2. Hi Jared,

It's great that you've started this post.

Don't worry about crossing over any lines. We're pretty easy-going over here at ScaleLab, and always want to support our creators in any way we can.

Here are my comments on your ideas:

1. This is easy and we can help facilitate this.

We're also starting a biweekly newsletter/blog where we do case studies on our creators in hopes that other creators can get ideas on how they can improve their growth strategy

2. For local meetups to happen, somebody needs to host/sponsor the meetup. Once somebody volunteers to do this, ScaleLab can help get the word out with an email.

3. We can probably combine this with the newsletter/blog to start the discussion. If you have any other ideas, let us know!

4. We've been kicking around the idea of contests, but haven't settled on anything yet. Do you have a particular contest in mind?

Richard

3. Hey Richard,

Great news. The newsletter sounds like a great addition and I'm sure I would benefit from it as well as others.

I plan on setting up a local meet up soon, but want to get the idea rolling in advance. I'll let you know when I get the details worked out.

As far as contests, I don't really have one in mind at the moment. I was just trying to come up with some good community building ideas. There are a lot of great creators here and want to help make it as beneficial as possible. I'll add to this thread as ideas come.

I'm curious to see what other creators have to say.

4. I am looking at scheduling a meet up later this month or early August on the East Side in LA. Who is interested?

5. I have been looking into getting a YouTube Gathering set up here in the UK. If you have any advice I would be happy to organise / run it.