1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audience retention?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thefinalboss, Mar 30, 2016.

1. I feel like my rate for audience retention is pretty low, I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to improve it?

2. Content is king. There are no magic quick tricks to getting higher retention rate. I don't know if you mean specifically keeping people watching or converting people to subscribers, it doesn't matter the method is pretty much the same. 1: make higher quality videos 2: be consistent in quality and content (people should be able to explain what you do in one sentence)

3. So, this means if you have great content but, not enough content you will have less Audience retention?

4. Yes. For both watch time and converting people to subs. Obviously having an upload schedule will have the effect of getting people to come back week after week for your content and developing a "relationship" with you. This boosts viewer retention. If you upload sporadically you'll only have the occasional random pop in to take a look then probably dip in a few minutes, people don't like to spend much time on content they're not sure about.

For converting viewers to subscribers this is incredibly important. If you make amazing content but upload rarely, you might get tons of views but very very few subscribers. People won't bother subscribing to a channel that isn't consistent.